I had a lot of fun making this video. I hope you learn something new and enjoy. 🙂
Symptoms of CPTSD (click the link for a downloadable word document of the video Transcript)
Symptoms of CPTSD:
- Emotional Flashbacks (typically do not have a visual component): These involve negative feelings such as Anger, Shame, Humiliation, Abandonment, and Being Small & Powerless (like an abused child would feel).
- Sense of Threat: Hypervigilance, Strong Startle Reaction
- Avoidance: of Thoughts, Feelings, People, Places and Activities.
- Emotion Regulation: Anger, Hurt Feelings.
- Negative Self Concept: Feelings of Worthlessness & Guilt.
- Interpersonal Problems: Difficulty feeling close to another person, and Feeling disconnected or cut off from other people.
Resources: Out of the Storm
CPTSD Recovery asmr child abuse childhood trauma complex post traumatic stress disorder cptsd craft therapy crochet crochet therapy daughters of narcissistic mothers mental health Narcissism narcissistic moms Narcissistic Personality Disorder Symptoms of CPTSD
Wife. Mother. Educator. Craft Nerd. Tree hugger. Animal lover. Coffee Lover. Daughter of a narcissistic mother in Recovery from CPTSD.
My Youtube channel is where I will sometimes combine ASMR format with the sharing of my story.
I am working on a series of videos that focus on Recovery from CPTSD.
The name of my youtube channel/blog is meant to have a double meaning. I am poking holes physically as I crochet, but also figuratively, as in I'm poking holes into the stories I've always believed about my family (or was taught to believe), and discovering the real truth.
Crochet became a form of meditation for me to get me through some of my darkest moments. I hope you find it relaxing.