I had a lot of fun making this video. I hope you learn something new and enjoy. 🙂
Symptoms of CPTSD (click the link for a downloadable word document of the video Transcript)
Symptoms of CPTSD:
- Emotional Flashbacks (typically do not have a visual component): These involve negative feelings such as Anger, Shame, Humiliation, Abandonment, and Being Small & Powerless (like an abused child would feel).
- Sense of Threat: Hypervigilance, Strong Startle Reaction
- Avoidance: of Thoughts, Feelings, People, Places and Activities.
- Emotion Regulation: Anger, Hurt Feelings.
- Negative Self Concept: Feelings of Worthlessness & Guilt.
- Interpersonal Problems: Difficulty feeling close to another person, and Feeling disconnected or cut off from other people.
Resources: Out of the Storm